Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Havoc


So, I was on my way to my last night of school when I realized "Oh turd, I forgot my homework!" So I told Kyle and asked what I should do?! (Kyle always has the answers..) Of course, he willingly offered to bring me my homework. I declined his offer as I knew he had a lot to do, and because it was my fault and I should face the consequences. So I show up to take my math final and am sitting in the quiet classroom studying my review and realize I also forgot my calculator. I had my calculator with me every single class during the semester, but forgot it the day of my final. Who DOES that?? My excuse is I had a lot on my mind because we've been getting everything ready for our Oregon trip tonight. (lame excuse) So I break the silence and bashfully ask, "Does anyone in here have an extra calculator?" Everyone looks at me like, 'who is this chick and why would I have an extra calculator?' Come to find out, it is pretty pointless for anyone to have an extra calculator so I get shut down by a few comments saying, "no, sorry" then looking back at my review to pretend I didn't just ask such a dumb question. Well, my teacher was late to class for the first time so I had a few more minutes to study- that was good. When he got there, I went to the front of the class and asked him if I could use his calculator. Being the kind, unique man he is, he said "of course" and gave me his high-tech calculator. Wahoo! He passed out the final and I took it. His calculator was very helpful, might I add. If I wouldn't have had it, I don't know what I'dve done. I finished and took it to him to grade. I passed! I got an A- in math! This will go down in history! He didn't ask us to hand in our homework so I got lucky with that one. As I was walking out to my car, I put my phone in my pocket. Later, when I needed my phone, I took it out of my pocket to find it covered in melted chocolate! Duh. I forgot I had yoinked a couple hershey kisses from work before getting in my hot car a few hours earlier. So after all this havoc, all that was left was a chocolate pocket, a passing grade in math, and a calculator to use on the test. Not too bad. :)

1 comments:

Metmer said...

Lisa, you're hilarious! I loved your homework story and have had plenty of those moments myself. It's such a sinking feeling when you find out you've skipped a very important step. Anyway, I'm just reading through your blog for the first time... I hope you don't mind my vandalizing it with a few comments.
- Love, Spence.