Monday, November 9, 2009

Love Story: Falling for Him

Like I said in my previous post, neither of us were "looking" for love. We were happy with the single life of dating whoever- whenever. I was 19 when we met, he was 22. We were young and spontaneous. Little did we know, we were looking in the eyes of our match. As we continued dating, getting to know each other and making lots of memories together, our feelings were growing and expanding into something fragile and unfamiliar. We were inseperable. Although I lived in Mapleton and he lived in Kaysville, we would see each other every day. He was a dedicated boyfriend driving an hour each way to see his girlfriend. We would meet halfway at times and I'd drive to him too. Since he didn't get off work until 8 or 9pm, we spent late nights and early mornings together- as permitted by the parentals, of course. :) We went on walks and hikes, went on motorcycle rides, went 4wheeling and swam in Payson lake. We star-gazed, made mac&cheese and ran errands. We went longboarding, sat in the hot springs and took a random trip to Zions NP. We attended church together, slid down the stairs in sleeping bags, played hide & seek and went to the carnival. We ate ice cream, cliff jumped at the Gorge and glassed the mountains for big game. We held hands and lovvved to kiss! We had BBQ's, hung out with family and rode bikes. 3 months after we met and after my 20th birthday, we were driving in Kyle's car when he suddenly got very serious. He looked at me and told me he had to tell me something he couldn't stop thinking about. He said, "Lisa, I love you so much. I've never been in love before and I don't know what will happen from here, but I do know that I love you with all my heart." I was slightly caught off-guard although I knew that was coming. I told him I loved him too and we talked about our fear of having vulnerable hearts. One of the things that made me fall in love with Kyle is his sincerity. He is a genuine, considerate, caring man who means what he says and his actions coincide with his words. That was unusual in the guys I had been spending time with. He was a great conversationalist and always made me laugh. He was sensitive and constantly giving. I can't say I knew we'd get married at that time- I simply knew I cared for this man a great deal and was grateful for his outward expression of his love for me as well. Another thing I have always loved about Kyle is that he is cuddly. I loved that he always had my hand entwined in his or had his hand around my waist. He was proud of who was by his side as I was proud of who was at mine. I am a big time cuddler and can't get close enough to my man- so I'm glad that I found someone who would show me the same care. Kyle told me of his love only days before I left to Sri Lanka for two months. Me being literally on the opposite side of the world helped us both realize we had something special- something that would last..

0 comments: