1)My sweetheart and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary February 24th. We took the day off work, went to the temple then out to lunch and just enjoyed each others' company. The weekend prior to our anniversary, we locked ourselves in our house and turned off our phones and just plain hung out for the weekend. It was so nice. The crappy thing was that same day my work layed-off a bunch of people. I'm so grateful I still have my job, but I'm sad for those who were let go. So even though the anniversary was wonderful, it had a bitter-sweet ending with the layoffs.
2)In March, we went camping in freezing temperatures with my parents and Oakley. It was actually so much fun! We camped the first night down by Manti, then went 4wheeling in the snow and mud and ruined our shoes then we drove to Capitol Reef National Park and did some awesome hiking. It was beautiful, but c-o-l-d. We got a hotel the next two nights and had a hoot. My parents are so much fun it seems like we're all the same age because we're buddies.
3)We've been doing a lot of work on our yard. It's been a lot of work, but it's looking good. We got some trees and bushes planted and put down some landscaping red rock around the trees so weeds won't come up.
4)Easter was sweet. We went to my parents Saturday and spent the day outside and listened to some conference. Then we had an adult easter egg hunt, which was a big hit.
5)We watched my nephew Isaac for the weekend about 3 weeks ago. We had so much fun with him taking him to the zoo, took him swimming then to a BBQ at our friends' and roasted marshmellows with some buddies in our backyard. It really was awesome having a 3 year old around. We both missed him when he went home.
6)We put a party hat on a horse. Yes, you read right. Kyle and his brother have been joking about that for some reason, so the other night, we gently placed a spongbob party hat on a horse and snapped a hilarious picture of it. We have some random fun.
7)I finished my first triathlon! This is big news because I've been wanting to accomplish this for a long time. It was a sprint triathlon, which means it is for beginners, but it was tough. I finished and felt pretty good about it. I'm hoping to finish another race this summer.
8)I ran barefoot. My dad is into running barefoot because of a book he read called "Born to Run." I haven't read it yet, but he really liked the book and is now convinced that running barefoot is the best way to go. It has already had a lot of positive effects on his body from his head to his toe because of running this way. So, over the weekend, the whole family tried it up the canyon on a nice paved trail. I only ran 1 mile barefoot, but my calves have seriously never been so sore. My calves will be made of steel if I keep this up- and I'd really like to! I say give it a shot!
9)We're going to California on Thursday! Yay! I'm so excited to take a vacation. Ky's brother is coming with us and we're going to see his other brother who is living in Anaheim right now.
10)Life is good and I'm so grateful for the wonderful people around me. I don't know what I'd do without them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment