Monday, February 15, 2010

Love Day



Saturday night, my sister Crystal and her husband Devon joined Kyle and I for a formal dinner. Well, we made it formal. Crys and I bought new dresses and wore fancy jewelry. We curled our hair perty and wore heels! (These are rare things for us to do.) It was so fun to get dressed up for our men. They got handsomed up for us too! We went to PF Changs for dinner- it was delish! Kyle may or may not have gotten pulled-over on our way to the restauraunt. We were in such a hurry to get there to make our reservation time and we knew it would be impossible to get into another restauraunt this late in the game the night before Valentines Day. When Kyle was speeding, I said, "Ky, I'll scream if you get pulled over right now." Well, we didn't get pulled over for speeding but for cutting-off a cop at a stop light. I didn't scream when we got pulled over, but laughed in disbelief. Anyway, here are some pics from the evening. Oh, and the next morning, I made pink pancakes and served pink milk with it- food coloring, guys. C'mon. I've made them every year. Kyle claims to like my cheesy-ness. We gave each other cards for V-Day and made cookies to take to the widows in our ward. There are 9 in our ward boundaries! Anyway, we didn't know them and they didn't know us, but we went to the door and introduced ourselves. We thought they could use some extra love on valentines day being by themselves and all. After going to the door of the second recipient, I teared up because these women were so excited to see someone- even someone they didn't know. They were all so friendly and invited us in their homes. Thanks to President Monson's terrific example of taking care of the elderly, I think we will make it a tradition to take treats to these women on holidays or just stop by once in a while. Life is all about love- whether it is a significant other or just feeling the love from family members or someone on the street. Let's all just get along and take care of each other. Happy Valentines Day everyone!

1 comments:

Erika said...

Hey Lis...you and Crys look HOT! How fun that you got to go together and celebrate. I'm jealous! I want to live close to my sisters. Looks like you had a great time, minus the pull-over by the cop! Happy V-Day!