Thursday, July 2, 2009

d-r-e-a-m


I have been thinking a lot lately. Shocker, I know. My hero of a father gave me a gift. A gift that will be with me forever. A gift that helps me with my goals, aspirations, and confidence. This is a gift that I will always be grateful for to my entrepreneur daddy. This gift is what I call my gift to DREAM. Some of my siblings and I have acquired this gift because of my dad. He has always been a goal setter, and more importantly- a goal reacher. He sets goals often to keep himself reaching for the stars. Within the first day of meeting my dad, you would see this quality in his personality. He will never think or tell you that something is impossible. He will always find a way to make an idea work. He NEVER doubts a dream. Watching my dad accomplish so much as an entrepreneur, father, husband, religious leader, friend and athlete is all accredited to goals. He is an extremely successful man in my eyes. Success is a word that is often defined with dollar signs. Success isn't about dollar signs to me. Success is being all you can be as a human being going through an imperfect earth life. It is realizing that who you are and what you become is up to YOU. It is being humble and having your priorities in order. Being successful is being loving and patient. My dad has taught me so much in my life. He has given me the ability to know that anything is possible. My mind works in ways that I could never explain (I've actually tried). For example, I continually try to convince Kyle of his worth. I wish he could see in himself what I see in him. He is an amazing man and can do anything he puts his mind to. He is strong. He is intelligent. He is everything to me. I don't ask questions when he decides to major in business instead of nursing. Then aviation instead of criminal justice. I ensure him that he CAN do it and I support him no matter what the major is. My gift is unlimited and unstoppable. I often dream of taking care of those in need. I dream of a family of my own one day. I dream of earning a degree. I also dream for others, which sounds weird. But I can see true potential in people. Sometimes having this gift isn't easy. It is very difficult for others to understand where I'm coming from. That's when I call my daddy. He understands. In fact, he may laugh a little when I explain the situation because he can relate so closely. He reminds me to "never stop dreaming." I'm so grateful for my dad's great example and for the gift he has given me.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Lisa, I miss you. And I love you quite a lot. I hope you know how amazing you are. Loved this post.

Becca said...

I love that you are able to see the good in people-it's very admirable!