7 years ago
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
What a weekend!
Kyle and I had such a great weekend, I must post about it! Well, we both had work off Thursday and Friday which was so nice to get a break. So Wednesday night we went out on the town and went to the Layton mall to go pants shopping. I need pants for Christmas, but am very picky about jeans. So I picked them out and Kyle will wrap them and put them under the tree. :) We had fun together just wandering around. Then we went to Smiths and got fixins for breakfast. Thanksgiving day morning we made a yummy huge breakfast with homeade waffles, o.j., cheesy eggs and bacon! It was marvelous. I love breakfast foods. Then we went to Kyle's dad's work at the Chevron refinery to take a tour. That place is fascinating I can't believe how complicated it is! Then Kyle and I got two movies from RedBox, went home and vegged out. (Kyle was on-call for Thanksgiving so we couldn't go anywhere further than 20 minutes from NSL) I was a little bummed we weren't able to spend time with family on Turkey Day, but we had a great time just me and my buddy. After the movie, we took a nap then put up our Christmas decorations! Since we live in an apartment, we put lights on the balcony. We put up our tree and everything, we're so festive. The day after Thanksgiving, I got up bright and early and went shopping! I went to Cabelas then down to Utah County to meet my mom and bro. We went shopping s'more and out to breakfast with my daddy. Later that day we went to Linda's (Kyle's mom) for a turkey dinner she thoughtfully prepared. Saturday morning we cleaned our extra bedroom that was literally crammed with random stuff. It looks so much better now! Then we cruised over to Syracuse for the annual Holgreen feast the Saturday after Thanksgiving. So really, we had two Thanksgiving dinners, they just weren't on Thanksgiving Day! We're so spoiled! The dinner was so fun after stuffing our cake holes, we played basketball with all the cousins and an aunt or two. Then we played football. I worked up a sweat, it was great. Then we were on our way home around 6pm and saw a bunch of people outside the Kaysville library so we stopped since we like to follow the crowd. They had the Kaysville Junior High choir there caroling while and there was a hot cocoa stand up with free hot cocoa! Awesome! So we hung out there and they had a "countdown" to turn on the lights in the park. How special. Then came the light parade! There were firetrucks, VW's and different automobiles decorated with Christmas lights that drove down main street throwing candy like a normal parade. It was so cute and small-town like. I love that kind of stuff. I'm so grateful to have family so close, to have a great husband, to have a good job where they give me vacations off, and for our cozy apartment among millions of other things! Ain't that a great weekend? I thought so.
Posted by Lholgreen at 3:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment