Thursday, September 4, 2008

Palin Palin Palin

'Ello there, mate. I hope all is well with you. I just wanted to post about my new favorite VP candidate, Sarah Palin.


Sarah Palin is so tough, she wears polar bear fur when it’s 40 below outside… while the polar bear is still alive.

I once saw Sarah Palin punch a hole through a cow just to see what was on the other side.

Sarah Palin is so tough she shaves her legs with a blowtorch while putting on her lipstick.

Q: What is the quickest way to a man’s heart?
A: Sarah Palin’s fist.
Sarah Palin doesn’t churn butter. She roundhouse kicks the cows and the butter comes straight out.
No but seriously, she is a lifetime member of the NRA. She used to get up at 3am to hunt moose with her Dad. In high school she was known as "Sarah Barracuda" because she was so tough on the basketball court. How tough? She led her team to a state championship while playing on a stress fracture in her ankle! Her first goal in office was to stop wasteful spending. She got rid of the governor's private jet when she took office. She fired the governor cook when she took office so her kids would feel normal. "They still eat mac and cheese on occasion." She stopped the plans to build the "Bridge to nowhere" that would cost the federal government 220 million . Her son is in the Army and is being deployed to Iraq on September 11th. Her parents grew were elementary teachers, and Sarah grew up working with her hands. She was a hockey mom and in the PTA before being elected to the city council, then elected mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. She was runner-up to Miss Alaska in 85, and voted Miss Congeniality. She was commissioner and chairman of the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission where she found more corruption that she improved. One of her projects is now embarking on a $40 billion natural gas pipeline to help lead America to energy independence. She hunts, fishes, runs marathons, snowmobiles, dog sleds- she is my kind of woman! Anyway, just thought I'd spotlight her for a moment. I sure am excited about her being part of McCain's race to the White House. I wasn't sure how I felt about McCain, but I knew for a fact I'm not an Obama fan. I could go off about him in another post, but I'll keep this one positive. Now that I've learned more about McCain and now that he has picked a great candidate for VP, I'm behind him. I know there are questions about her having time to be a mother, which I think is important 100%, but also believe she is completely capable of balancing her political stance and her personal life as others have been doing in the White House for decades. Three hoorahs for McCain/Palin!!!

0 comments: