Work has been crazy busy. I'm grateful for a few minutes to take a break and update my blog. Have a great Monday!
We hiked up to the "U" yesterday too. I'm in there somewhere.. We also drove around all the old homes east of the state capital. I love the way people update the beautiful homes built originally in the 20's. Shawn, we are the same height, that is neat! (note: If you haven't seen the movie Orange County, it's a good one.)
The weather yesterday was supreme! We walked around Temple Square. We went through Brigham Young's house next door too. I haven't been through that before it was pretty swell. I get my braces off next week! Just thought I'd throw that in there..
We have a plum tree in our backyard. We picked our first bucketfull on Saturday. I made plum freezer jam, cinnamon plum jam and plum syrup! I love learning these new skills so I can be more self-reliant. We're still living in the mother-in-law apt in our house while we fix up the upstairs so I had very little counterspace. Bummer dude. Kyle was a good sport to help me with the sticky sugary mess! I'll be making a butt load more too. It actually turned out pretty good for my first attempt. (*pat *pat)
Saturday we went downtown to the Gallivan Center. They always have interesting hippy events going on down there. We like to go check it out. This weekend they had a Craft-Lake City event, whatever that means. This is a pic of a 4th grader, yes 4th grader, singing in his family's band, Mad Max and the Wild Ones. The drummer was pretty incredible too. He's probably in 7th grade, I'd guess. He did a drum solo that knocked my socks off!
Friday, we went to the Bees baseball game with Ky's bro. I quite enjoy watching baseball although most the time I was paranoid the ball would hit me on the noggin and knock me per-near unconcious!





1 comments:
I miss you. Will come visit soon. Great stories to tell. Hope you are well. Did I say that I miss you?
Post a Comment